Tuesday, November 22, 2011

*Taps Blog* Is This Thing Still On?

*Brushes dust off of blog* It's been awfully quiet around here hasn't it? I feel like I walked into a shopping mall after closing, everything's so quiet and deserted feeling. Don't worry Monkeyville followers, I'm going to try  VERY hard not to let it get this dusty in here again. It's only the *blog* that's being neglected, Monkeyville is roaring along full force, with lots and lots of things going on! That's actually the reason that it's been so quiet around here! There are so many new monkeys (and bunnies, and elephants, and bears oh my!) that I've been spending all the time I would normally blog wrangling sock creatures.

There's no shortage of sock monkey adventures either, because even though I've been doing nothing more than sitting and working, the monkeys have been having adventures galore! December is officially Sock Monkey Month here in Monkeyville, and it's going to be a really awesome one if I do say so myself. Honestly, I just made the monkeys, I didn't take the really awesome photos. I have to thank all of the monkeys new friends for those.


Prepare for some adorableness-- Monkeyville isn't responsible for monitors melting from all the cute.
Photo by Kandi, used with permission
Princess Polly the Pirate Monkey getting lots of snuggles from her new best friend!
That is probably the best thing about being a sock monkey maker. You get the cutest emails EVER about how happy the monkeys have made someone. I've made a lot of monkeys in the past few years too, and it never gets any less cute or routine. Every time I get one of these emails, I get all melty, and I realize that the monkeys are doing exactly what I make them to do! They're going off into the world and making people (especially little kids) happy! YAY! *Kermit flail*

There has been so much cuteness going on here at Monkeyville that I have to spread it out a bit. I'd hate for someone to explode from all the cute. I mean look at how adorable This post on BenSpark.com is! It would just be horribly irresponsible of me to just post that much cute on the Monkeyville blog plus all the other cute too! I'm very glad that Eva and her friends enjoyed her sock monkey themed birthday party.




No comments:

Post a Comment