Monday, June 21, 2010

Sock Monkey Monday: Laertes and Some Gifts

This week, I went out with Laertes to some of the old cemeteries here in Monkeyville. Being a monkEmo monkey, I just had to do it.


 This is a different cemetery than the other two. It's next to a church, and the inscription on the... um... I don't know what they call it, said "1839". It's very small, and situated behind one church and across the street from another.

I couldn't find the name for it, because the historic site marker was too faded. The graves were all nearly blank too, with the inscriptions all washed away (at least the ones that I could see, I couldn't actually get up there to walk around amongst them).

This is my favorite from the day, slightly modified once I was home.


Unmodified:


I also brought him to the same cemetery that I brought Voltaire:

I remembered to photograph the sign this time, so I could remember what it was called.


 

 I think that the monkEmos will all have their photos taken at the local cemeteries. It just fits.
 I have to admit, I love this monkey. He's one of my favorites.

This week was a busy week. I completed the second monkey for the person at work (so cute!) and I also completed these two guys for some friends:


 Yep, I made a red heel monkey. The red heel one is named Nicholas Nickleby and the one that's more monkEmo style is named Mercutio.

Like Eli and Sirus, these two guys love each other despite their differences.


Close up of their tattoos. Nicholas:


Mercutio:

 That was a lot of words for a little monkey, but I'm glad they fit. I think I'll use the idea of the "ribbons" over the heart again in the future. Though it is way easier to only have to fit three letters.

I have ONE more pair of the red heeled socks if someone would like a monkey made with them. Please email me at angelaroussell0(AT!)gmail(DOT!)com with the subject "sock monkey" if you would like to be the one to have him (or her). Also, that's a zero before at.

No comments:

Post a Comment