Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sock Monkey Tuesday: Laertes and Some Custom Monkeys

My apologies for Sock Monkey Monday actually being on Tuesday this week. Monkeyville has been incredibly busy and rainy. In fact, every time I want to bring Laertes outside, it rains. No fair!

Instead, I had to use the Sock Monkey Photo Studio for him. I was playing with the settings on the camera for this one as well, trying to get him to look just the right shade of red.



He really looks rather menacing. He's actually a very nice monkey though.
I saw a skull in a store at the mall, and I just had to make a sock monkey based off of it.



He's made of only socks, felt, and embroidery floss/pearl cotton, meaning that he's CPSIA compliant, and he's also kid-friendly.


He might look grumpy, but he's really a sweet heart. Look, he even has a stitched up, broken heart! This detail, along with him being skeletal, marks him as one of the new line of monkEmo sock monkeys.

  GratuitousMonkey Butt!


Also, I have a set of five custom order monkeys that I've been working on since I got the last Phantom of the Opera sock monkey done. These have finally gotten to the stage where I can photograph them without them being too embarrassed. As long as the get to keep their bathrobes and towels on!

This was the inspiration:

And these are the monkeys so far:
I should have put them in the order that they're standing, but I didn't have that photo in front of me when taking pictures.
They just need their clothing, and they'll be all set to go to their new homes soon! I think Beth is my favorite. We spent a lot of quality time together while I was sewing her chest.





No comments:

Post a Comment