Monday, November 1, 2010

Sock Monkey Monday: Hide and Seek

The memory card is still missing, but thankfully, my cell phones came with tiny memory cards and larger memory card adapters that can fit into the Monkeyville camera. This means that even though I took the house apart looking for the memory card and didn't find it*, there can still be a Sock Monkey Monday.

Remember the five pounds of stuffing from last week?
That was more stuffing than I've ever seen all at once, and since I buy lots of stuffing, that's really saying something!

Well, most of that fluff has been turned into these guys!

Ninjas!

My favorite of them all is the purple one. He's the O.o faced one, and it came out looking like that. I did these differently than the way I did the first Ninjas. These guys have felt headbands and belts, and their eyes are embroidered. Totally kid safe!

The Ninjas and one of the other monkeys that's finished joined the traditional monkeys in the toy box once they were completely done. 
 I've run out of room in the monkey bins and the toy box is getting quite crowded, so I had to get a new basket today for the five monkeys I'm working on now. That's okay though, because I really need baskets for the monkeys to go in when we go to the craft fair later this month.

Target had some great sock monkey socks this week, so I got tons of those this weekend, and I've got lots and lots of monkeys for both the Etsy shop and the craft fair. The holiday monkeys (both Christmas and Hanukkah ones!) won't just be regular monkeys, they'll come dressed for the weather in little hats and scarves... a long with a special winter surprise!

From now until the end of the year (or I get a new job), I'll be working four days a week at the day job just to be able to get lots of Monkeyville stuff done. That extra day really makes a huge difference. Today is also the start of NaNoWriMo... but with all of the monkey stuff... I don't know if I'll be able to do it this year. I'm going to try, but one Monkey Maker can only do so many things!

I almost forgot! Boo, decided to be Very Cute this afternoon. Yes, I realize he's cute most of the time, but he was a real terror last night** so I think he's being Extra Cute today.
 Boo, hiding among the stuffed animals on the couch. 

Curled up in a ball, he blends in quite well. So well, I almost put the groceries on him!

*I think I'm just going to have to give in and buy a new memory card.
**He knocked over the big trash can in the kitchen at about 3am. Guacamole *everywhere*.

1 comment:

  1. Would you be able to make another closed eyed red ninja monkey. I would like to special order one!

    ReplyDelete