Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sock Monkey Bonus Day: Mystery Solved!

There have been a lot of Sock Monkey Monday entries this week... let's just call it make up for all of those Sock Monkey Mondays I missed when I was sick. I'm feeling much better now, and working very hard on catching up. So far, I have about three done, and about seven (possibly more) to go.

However, Sherlock* has finally made a break in his case!

The line of paint on the wall led here... Sherlock pondered this for a short while, giving the monkey maker time to work on other things.

Things like getting the monkeys situated on those new shelves!

Ah! That's where the missing monkeys went!


They're trying not to make mischief while they wait to be adopted.

I wanted to wait until the shop-- The Artful Phoenix** was fully opened before I posted photos of where the monkeys all disappeared too.

More of the shop, looking from where the monkeys are located.

It's a fantastic shop, full of lots of really great things from local artists, and my monkeys are there too! Squee!!!

Mumma has some of her jewelry there as well!

I put those shelves together (with some help, but I did the heavy lifting).

The Artful Phoenix will have an online shop as well, and as soon as I find out the info for it, I'll post that too. This is what I've been spending a lot of my days working on when I'm not at home working on making more monkeys or at job interviews.

SQUEE!!!

Also, the shop now has it's sign up, and it's fantastic!
The door:

The shop is open Wednesday through Saturday, 10am to 5pm.

A photo of my neighborhood at twilight:

I love this town, it has a wonderful feel to it, and it's so pretty here!

*Sherlock is actually on his way to Canada right now, but he made sure to solve the case before he left. He's a good detective like that.
**The shop is owned by two local women-- Melissa and Jan. I only found out what it was called after a Meetup event I went to. When I found out the name, I just *had* to join!

No comments:

Post a Comment