Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sock Monkey Monday: Eli Has WORK To Do!

Okay, my grasp of what day of the week isn't fantastic since I haven't managed to find a new day job. I thought yesterday was Sunday for sure, and that wasn't helped by the fact that allergies have mostly kept me in the house, itchy, sneezey, and covered in hives. Stupid pollen. This time of year always ends up in hives for me. The only time I could go out and not worry was when it was pouring. Sorta takes all the fun out of spring!

However, while I've been trapped in the house, snuggling my bottle of Benedryl, I've been observing what the monkeys have been getting up to. Poor Eli Monkey, he had finals last week*.
Can't talk. Studying. 

I'm not sure if you can see, but I was nice and let him borrow my Justin Bieber notebook to make notes in. I don't have a good reason to have a notebook with a Justin Bieber sticker on it, it's for a novel I'm working on. Really. 

As the week went on, the studying got pretty hard for Eli. He was up late lots of nights, there was lots of coffee involved, and dinner consisted of "whatever could be pulled from the freezer and zapped" easily. 
 Can't talk...ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzZzZZZZZZZZZ
He kind of reminds me of myself (and everyone else who's a writer) during November** Lots of coffee, lots of papers strewn everywhere, and lots and lots of post-it notes. I've also more than once fallen asleep in front of my computer as well. It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but if I write in bed, I often wake up later cuddling my computer. 

Sirus monkey helped keep Eli properly caffeinated and when things got a bit too much for Eli, Sirus made sure that Eli got some rest. 
 Shh!!! Eli needs his rest!
Sirus Monkey is clearly, a very sweet monkey. He tucked Eli in and let him sleep, but made sure to get him up in time for his very last final the next morning. I'm sure that Eli has made his sock primate brethren proud!


*Eli Monkey is the first sock monkey to attend college. We're quite proud of our smart monkey!
**National Novel Writing Month. Squee!

2 comments: