Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sock Monkey Monday: Tiny Top Hat Army

I've been working hard lately on getting caught up on custom orders, finding a new day job (that will be another entry) and taking my frustrations out on the dirty in my house. I'm almost caught up on everything. One of the orders I just finished was for tiny top hats. Once I got going on them, it went pretty quick, minus the fact that I forgot to buy black felt and had to run to the store.  They're now completed, and I've found myself with a tiny top hat army sitting on my desk. They're staring at me. They're urging me to go back to the store and buy googly eyes to put on them.

Tiny Top Hat Army. Don't let the cuteness fool you.
There's seven total, with the black one having just slightly different ribbon from the rest. I tried to make them as similar as possible, but I'm human, so a couple of them are a bit taller. I've named the black one Abe, and he's the leader. The rest are the nameless minions.

I think someone needs to name a band "Tiny Top Hat Army". It's random enough for any type of music. Please, someone name a steampunk band that! *Hums: a tiny top hat army couldn't hold me back*...*


Googly eyes... WANT!

I think I'm going to try to update the blog more often. I'm not sure how I'll do at that, but I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes. I have some things to write about, not all sock monkey related, I know it's surprising, but my life isn't *entirely* devoted to sock monkeys.**

*That goes to the tune of White Stripe's "Seven Nation Army" I SO wish I came up with that. I didn't. It was the fantastic Teffy. I did however have that stuck in my head for about a week.

**Mostly it's just the bits that I'm awake for.

No comments:

Post a Comment