Monday, October 11, 2010

Sock Monkey Monday: So Much To Do!

I think every week I say that it's been an incredibly busy week here in Monkeyville. This week was no different. With Halloween closing in, there's lots of Monkeys to work on, some special order monkeys to finish, and I had a couple experiments I wanted to fit in too.

I didn't get as much accomplished as I thought I would, but I still got a fair bit done. First, there was the new Sock Monkey Photo Studio to set up. The new area is Excellent! It's finally possible to take photos of the monkeys when it's raining!
Ezra and Phrixus decided to be the first monkeys to pose. The new area is so much brighter that the details on both monkeys is easy too see.
It's even possible to see the gears that are on Ezra's chest. I've tried to get decent photos of these before, but it's tough to photograph the different layers.

This is my favorite shot of the day. I love the Gratuitous Monkey Bum shot, and with Phrixus, it's even better because of the wings.


Laertes and Earl got their photos taken again too. I'll have to update their Etsy pages soon. 
 I have to say, I love the new Photo Studio as well as the camera. 

It hasn't been all photos here in Monkeyville though, the Magic Monkey Making Machine has been going steadily all week too, and while most of the orders are in progress, I did get the third (!) Phantom of the Opera Monkey completed. 
This phantom is for a two year old, so he's specifically made to stand up to lots of cuddles, and without all of the easy to swallow parts that the original Phantom has.

The cloudy, moonstone eye has been replaced with a light blue felt eye, and the expression is much happier as well.

After the Phantom was done, it was time for a break from Monkey Making and to try something a bit different.
It's a glove bunny! While this little guy wasn't too hard to make, I think I'll stick to using socks. The gloves are much hard to sew well, and to get all of the limbs the same length, etc. The gloves just don't make good stuffed animals the way the socks do.

However, today during my monkey break (Leela the sock monkey was being difficult), I attempted to make something out of actual fabric. Not t-shirt, gloves, or socks, but fleece.





It's a Boolet! Compared to the bunny, this was Really Easy to make, the hardest part was getting the face right. I'm glad that the Boolet worked well because I have plans for some holiday things later that pretty much require me being able to make things out of regular fabric like fleece instead of socks. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to those things, I have lots and lots of orders to fill, so time will tell.





No comments:

Post a Comment