Monday, October 4, 2010

Squee!

This weekend has been a Very Good weekend here in Monkeyville. In fact, it's almost as if someone is listening to my thoughts and decided to at least make the sock monkey related ones come true. I put the very first Halloween monkey up in the Etsy shop on Friday. It's a ghost monkey named Elvis.
Technically, Sirius was the first Halloween Monkey, but he was snatched up too fast to make it to the Etsy shop. Elvis made it, and just like his namesake, Elvis the ghost made a big splash!
Under the sheet, Elvis is both gory and cute.

First, Elvis the Ghost Monkey wasn't just in one treasury, he was in *two*! Then, this happened:

That's a screen capture of the front page of Etsy when I opened it Friday night. Holy Super Squee!!!

Elvis was on the front page of Etsy!!! Yay! That's Incredibly Exciting! There aren't enough exclamation points in the world to express how happy this had made me, because sock animals don't frequently make it to the front page of Etsy (it's more artistic things/clothing) and I never thought *I'd* have something that made it there!

Of course, now I have to work Really Hard and get more than just two monkeys up in the Etsy store. That's okay though, because last night, I finished Earl.

Freshly risen from the grave, because he's a bit mad at the way the Dixie Chicks treated him.


No brains this time, just a bleeding heart, some drool, and a hungry look in his bloodshot eyes.


Detail on the bleeding heart. I really liked the way that turned out. The bloodshot eyes were totally Ninja Muse's idea.


 Those socks just screamed to be made into a zombie sock monkey. They're quite fuzzy and cuddly too. Earl really isn't a bad little zombie. In fact, he's a really nice monkey just looking for some love.

Why is he named Earl?


Of course, Earl the Zombie Monkey isn't anything like the Earl in the song. He's a nice little monkey, and getting along quiet well with the other monkeys in the house.

Earl is up on Etsy now too, keeping Laertes and Elvis company. I have lots of other Halloween monkeys in the works, so I should really get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment