Thursday, December 9, 2010

SoMoMo 9: Flock of Ninjas

One night, Ninja Muse and I were discussing what you would call a group of Ninjas. Ninja Muse came up with flock, and from now on, it's a flock of Ninjas. I make so many Ninjas that I think I'm going to start putting them in distinct flocks. I even put a section for them in the Etsy shop.

The first true Flock of Ninjas. Righty (blue) is already on his way to his new home!

The Etsy store has been Incredibly busy lately too. I try to keep an eye on that while I'm at the day job, and today I was just checking in to see if Max was getting any attention, and much to my surprise, two monkeys sold. Max is all boxed up to go to his new home. That's it for reindeer this year. There's just no time for me to make any more since the only things on them that aren't sewn by hand are the arms and legs.

Each night, the first thing that gets done (after dinner) is packing up the monkeys to go to their new home, then photographing the next round to go up for adoption. There are several Ninjas and five more regular monkeys to go into the shop. Including Jesse:

He's a very happy monkey. Also very squishable.

Then there's Oswald:

I'm trying to get more creative with my monkey posing to make them standout in the huge list of sock monkeys on Etsy.

Finally, Jordan:

I really like those socks, because the design could be gears or it could be snowflakes. Someday, I'll do a kid friendly Steampunk sock monkey. Someday, but not until well AFTER Christmas!

I've also been very hard at work on making the custom orders. Sometimes, it feels like I'm just not getting anything done, but I think it's just a lot to do. It's supposed to snow really bad here this weekend, so I'm going spend all that time working on getting Barnaby and Obi Wan done.

Light sabers are hard to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment